Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to Year 3! We are a class of 24 enthusiastic children with an eagerness to learn. Our class teacher is Miss Lamb and we receive support from Mrs Harvey. Mrs Cooper teaches us every Friday.
Our curriculum is topic based which allows us to spend more time focussing on a particular topic each half term. This will allow the children to link different subjects to the focus topic, deepening their understanding of the topic. For each topic, we will also have a class novel that we will be using during our English lessons to support our work.
The topics we will be covering throughout the year are:
• It’s All Greek to Me! – Ancient Greece
• Order, Order! – Democracy and Citizenship
• Pupil Voice (topic decided by the children)
• Come and Join the Celebration – Festivals and key events from around the world
• Out of the Box – Business enterprise, healthy food project
• “Ug!” – Stone Age to Celts
• Green Fingers – Plants
• May the Force be With You – Forces and magnets
• Three Giant Steps… Locality, UK and beyond.
Children are given a homework grid each half term with different tasks on for them to choose what to do. Depending on the tasks, children will be awarded a certain amount of merits. This homework will also be topic based, depending on which topic we are covering that half term.
Completed homework is due every Thursday and children will share with the class what they have done.
Alongside their topic based homework, children will receive spellings and times tables on a Tuesday to then complete a test the following Tuesday. Children are also expected to read regularly at home.
Long Term Plan
Archived Class Activities
Please view our Archived Class Activities by clicking the links below: