Welcome to Year 2
Welcome to Year 2! We are a class of 23 enthusiastic children with an eagerness to learn. Our class teacher is Mrs Cooper and we receive support from Mrs Johnson. Mrs Burnside teaches us every Monday afternoon.
Our curriculum is topic based which allows us to spend more time focussing on a particular topic each half term. This will allow the children to link different subjects to the focus topic, deepening their understanding of the topic. For each topic, we will also have a class novel that we will be using during our English lessons to support our work.
The topics we will be covering throughout the year are:
- Whatever the Weather- Seasons and Materials • Pupil Voice (topic decided by the children) • The Spirit of Christmas – Traditions and Customs around the world
- The Famous Five- Famous People and Events
- Neighbourhood Watch- Our Local Area/ Place and Time/ Science and Technology
- Where the Wild Things Are- Living Things, Humans and Animals/Science and Technology
- Paddington’s Passport- UK and Contrasting World Location/ Place and Time • Beside the Seaside
Long Term Plan
Check out our Gallery to see what we have been up to!
Archived Class Activities
Please view our Archived Class Activities by clicking the links below: